Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Movie-ng In.

WARNING: What I'm about to say..err.. what you're about to see may ruin one (or four) movie(s) for you. Ask me if I care.

I should probably just move into the movie theatre. I think I've seen 4 movies in 23 days. That's like one movie every 5.75 days (take that Algebra). Is that weird? How about this little bit of knowledge- via Mom and Dad.. it's $4 (at Wherenberg theaters) if you go before noon! Which I've only done once, but plan on doing it again, and often!

Movie numero uno.. "How Do You Know"
Featuring: Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson. I'm gonna go ahead and give it a big fat, "Eh. It's okkkaaayyyy." If you want to see it, wait till you can rent it or Netflix it or Redbox it, or see it before noon. I probably won't buy it, or rent it (now that I've seen it, obviously). It's cute. And I was entertained until I wasn't anymore.. Reese is a USA softball player.. she gets cut.. and doesn't know what to do with herself. Paul Rudd is in corporate America and his dad (Jack) indites him. Whatever that means. Owen is a baseball player.. he's dating Reese. Go figure. Reese dumps Owen because FINALLY she realizes she's in love with Paul Rudd. Something like that.

2. "Black Swan"
Featuring: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis. This freaktastic flick will not warm your heart. Going in- I knew it was a dark movie, but I was not prepared for the inappropriate-ness.. I became a bit more familiar with the actual ballet, "Swan Lake".. Music by Tchaikovsky.. anybody? Ok, so in the story of "Swan Lake," pure, virginal white swan falls in love with the prince. Then, pure, virginal white swan perceives evil, crazy, black swan and prince as an item. Pure, virginal white swan commits suicide. For reals. In the movie, the ballet director (I don't know the technical name for him) wants the same girl to play both swans.. Natalie Portman (pure, virginal, naive) is picked for both parts. Mila Kunis (crazy, drug-doing and alcohol-drinking) befriends Nat and kind of brings her to the dark side, if you will. Then, good ol' Nat loses her mind and becomes a loony-tune. I was sure I'd become one, just from watching the movie! She dies, too. That's the best I can explain it. You're welcome. I was totally entertained, and on the edge of my seat most of the time. Mom dubbed it as a, "Psycho-Thriller." And I'm definitely not one to disagree!

3. "True Grit"
Featuring: Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld. LOVED IT!! The original (I suppose) released in 1969.. John Wayne played Rooster Cogburn, U.S. Marshal, played by Jeff Bridges in 2010's remake. Hailee's (seen on Disney, I'm sure) father is murdered. So, Hailee hires Rooster to find the murderer. Hailee's plan is to tag along and murder the murderer. Matt Damon, a Texas Ranger is also looking for the fugitive. Ends up, all three get together and Hailee eventually does, in fact, murder the murderer. We paid $4 ea to see "True Grit," I would have paid full price.

4. "Country Strong"
Featuring: Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, Garret Hedlund (last seen in "Georgia Rule" with LiLo), Leighton Meester. AMAZE! I got totally into this movie. Probably, because of Garret Hedlund's everything.. I'm just going to copy and paste from imdb, because mom hasn't seen yet.. A drama centered on a rising country-music songwriter (Hedlund) who sparks with a fallen star (Paltrow). Together, they mount his ascent and her comeback, which leads to romantic complications involving her husband/manager (McGraw) and a beauty queen-turned-singer (Meester). I will say, all the previews are in the movie, but it was also FULL of surprises, like the ending!!

This just in: "Social Network" out on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow!!! Holla Facebook!! And why doesn't spell check ever pick up on my Spanish.. I'm not spelling "number" wrong, I'm speaking Spanish. Hello, it's called bilingual.

Happy Monday! New "Bachelor" tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment