Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

USA! USA! USA!

Workout:
Monday 5 mi, under 49
Tuesday, soccer.
Today, 3 mi.

9/11.. Patriot Day (belated). The older I get the more I love America.  I mean, the more sentimental I get during the national anthem, the more appreciation I feel for a soldier... I just want to wear red, white and blue every day.  I want to hi-five everyone I see, and wear an American flag fanny pack... I just love being patriotic, or witnessing patriotism.  Last year, on the 10 year anniversary, this happened. And this year, Bussie flew her flag proudly!  And it looked fantastic!


I found this quote by Hamilton Fish: "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace."  I hope that any and all directly affected by the attacks on 9/11 can and will find peace knowing that everyone surviving and otherwise became heroes that day.  And heroes are born, not found.

God Bless the USA!




No comments:

Post a Comment