Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

HOLIDAYS OF THUNDER!

My favorite time of year and TOP 5 movie (Days of Thunder).

HALLOWEEN has come and gone, it seems like only yesterday.. oh wait, it was YESTERDAY! HA! This marks my most favorite time of the year.. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years!! Mostly because of paid vacation days, but in a close second are family, friends, good food, staying in my pajamas all day, new toys, festive outfits and lots of cheer!

When I was little, Mom made my costumes.. bear, cat, dragon (FAV!), unicorn.. then for like 5 years in a row I was a "beat up soccer player".. I wore my soccer uniform and had fake blood coming out of my nose. As if I wasn't in that uniform enough! In college, we got a little more creative.. ninja turtles out of scrubs and t-shirts.. mom made me into an Ice Dancer.. HUGE HIT.. I wore my HULK HANDS and called myself The Hulk.. oh and let's not forget that cat.. talk about easy!

Within the past few years, Thanksgiving has become a big hit at our house.. with lots of visitors (more attending each year) and new traditions.. including The Turkey Trot and ZOO FRIDAY (previously BLACK FRIDAY), my personal favorite..

Christmas is always very low key.. which seems like an oxymoron.. just me, mom and dad. We watch movies, eat anything we want, play in our own [ROCK] band and tie Christmas bows on the cats. Last year, I joined my boyfriend in Southern Illinois for his favorite holiday tradition.. The Eldorado Holiday Tournament (high school basketball).

What are your favorite holiday traditions???


I wore my Gramma Toodie's poodle skirt, and Gramma Wilson's scarf in my hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment