Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

20 Second Time Out (To Be Serious)

Hey kids.

I just sent this same thought in an email to one of my bffs (you know her too.. at Eat, Drink, and Be Mary).  We email all day long.. naturally.  About all things good.. life, love, Twitter, Bravo, soccer, our peeps. Then, I thought.. HEY, I'm gonna blog dat sh*t.

So here it is..

I'm Catholic. Born and raised, was (finally!) confirmed last June.. I probably blogged about.  I dunno, I can't find it. My confirmation was interrupted twice before.. once in 8th grade, by chicken pox.. and again in 9th grade, by a championship soccer game.. I know, I know.. save it.. we lost, K?  Anywho, I decided to do it, after all, I'd done all the prep.. and it was important to me.  Now, I'm still Catholic.. I go to church, not regularly, not when I should.  But I don't think it makes me any less of a Catholic.  Some might argue, and that's fine.  Going to school in the bible belt for four years, I was exposed to some individuals that were a bit more indulged in their religion.  And let's just say, if they were considered "religious", I did not want to be their kind of "religious".  Alright, I'm missing my own frickin' point here.. I believe in believing in a higher power, I don't care what it is or who it is. I think you will go crazy if you don't believe in something bigger than you. And I find extreme comfort in knowing that someone has my life completely figured out.  So, while catching up with my girl (virtually) at Urban Nester I stumbled upon these:

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

Here's to generosity, humility and God's grace. God Bless America, and her peeps. And my peeps, most of all. Because, they rule. Natch.

Thanks for the 20.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment