Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hero Run

Hey Gang, remember this, and this?  Well, it's that time again!  Can't believe it's been a year, GEEZE!  This year I will be running the Hero Run, in Mascoutah, IL for fallen soldiers (Last year I ran the Soldier Half Marathon in Columbus, GA).  I'm running in honor of 1st Lt. Robert Wilson Collins. Any money I raise goes directly to The 1LT Robert Wilson Collins Patriot Spirit Scholarship.  Once again, I'm completely excited, and honored and humbled to be a part of this. 

If you are interested in supporting The 1LT Robert Wilson Collins Patriot Spirit Scholarship (and me!) and would like to sponsor my run by pledging a certain dollar amount per mile ($1/mi = $13.10), or making a donation, email me at jess.wilson430@gmail.com -- I encourage you to write a check to me, so I can present one amount to Robert's parents, but you are also most welcome send your donation directly to the fund.

See the flyer below for more deets and the bank's address (it probably looks familiar!):



If you're lucky, I blog more and include my runs and times and hopefully ugly running faces.  Those are the best.

Happy Day 1 of Training!

1 comment: