Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Jessica: She's What's For Dinner

I'm surprised I'm here typing right now.  Saturday night I was eaten alive... by mosquitoes (I didn't know when you make mosquito plural you add an e! Like tornadoes).  I'm like the sweetest person you'll ever meet.

I had a super fun weekend. Wes and I drove to New Haven, IL Friday night after work. Stopping at Gillio's Pizza first. I will only go to New Haven if I get to eat at Gillio's. Consider that your recommendation. And I'm just kidding.. I go to New Haven for other things, too. Like seeing Wes's family.. plus, they usually insist we go to Gillio's anyway. They are the best.

We spent the rest of Friday evening at Duffy's Landing.. Some of Wes's family's land by the river. Saturday morning when I woke up, it was raining. So, I went back to sleep. But then I eventually had to get up. We went to The Country Lodge for a homemade brunch, and it was fabulous! Eggs, pancakes, bacon, fruit, muffins, zucchini bread.. Beacuse of the rain, we had to redirect our Saturday plans, but only until the early afternoon. We headed back down to Duffy's Landing where the men fried catfish, chicken and potatoes, and made hush puppies. There was corn on the cob, slaw, cucumbers, onions, chips, Starburst, Grandma Rotramel's sugar cookies, brownies and peanut butter fudge. GA-freakin'-LORE! I definitely don't consider myself a camper. But if you include food like that, I'm willing to tough it out.

Sunday morning, lunch was at Wes's parents house. It was amazing as well! The brownies and peanut fudge were finished off early. There is a good chance not everyone got some of that peanut butter fudge. And that could be partially my fault. Maybe. We had Peak Brothers ham, this amazing potato caserole, baked beans, slaw, pasta salad, veggies, chips, and whatever was left over from the day and night before.

After fighting off a food coma, Marvin got stuck taking Amanda and me for a ride on his hog. Because of us, two families' departure time was pushed back a good hour two hours. I can't say I'm sorry, I totally loved the experience! Remind me to put "hog" "Harley Davidson t" on my Christmas list.

Amanda's turn!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment