Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

OMGW

It's OMGWeek!  Props to me for remembering!

So, without further adieux, OMGM!

Daylight savings time!  How is it treating you?  It was amazing sleeping till 10:30 Sunday morning, which was really sleeping till 11:30!  However, this morning I was a little perturbed to wake to DARKNESS.  STILL!  What the crap daylight savings, you are not supposed to work that way!

Also for this OMGM.  It is a 4 day week for moi, complete with a dentist appointment Thursday morning.  So really it's like a 3.825 day week.  Saturday is the ever anticipated SOLIDER HALF MARATHON AND MARATHON!! I'm excited.  I got my race info emailed to me over the weekend.  I skimmed it and forwarded it to Wes, he'll read it and tell me everything, right?  I also printed it out.  It will make good reading material for the 10 hour drive to Georgia.  According to my training program, I was supposed to run 12 miles on Saturday (over the weekend).  I ran 11 instead... for a few reasons:
1.  I ran out of acceptable real estate.
2.  I was tired.
3.  I was making great time, and KNEW if I continued to make great time, I would go ahead and run 13.1, therefore having my race a week early.  Plus, 11 is the same as 12 is the same as 13.1 on the legs.

The last half I ran, I finished in 2:37:24.  My goal is to obviously beat that, but I'd like to see myself finish 2:09, that's a tiny bit faster than 10 minute miles.  I think I can do it!  Especially since I'm running for this guy...


With the help of many, I raised $800 for The 1LT Robert Wilson Collins Patriot Spirit Scholarship, and am SOO EXCITED and ANXIOUS to find out how much the team raised all together!!

Also, over the weekend Mom and I found these for $15!!!  I got red ones!

Happy Monday!

1 comment: