Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

HICCUPS.

Ok, so when I get the hiccups, they're totally violent and inappropriate. One out of every 15 hiccups is accompanied by a belch. I used to get them anywhere I needed to be quiet.. i.e. Church. I would hiccup with my mouth closed and my mom would look at me and say, "Keep your mouth closed!" Newsflash Mommy: MY MOUTH WAS CLOSED!! Now, I just seem to get them.

Also with my hiccups, when it rains.. it pours. If I get them in the morning.. get ready sister, you're gonna get them again! I never just get one set of hiccups.. at least twice a day, sometimes thrice.

And by the third time, my rib cage is tired, my throat hurts and my stomach is mad. Good thing for water.

I've done all the tricks.. tablespoon of sugar, drinking upside down, holding my breath.. all work some times. But seems like water always does the trick! I just drink (actually more like chug, and usually using a straw) some water, and in a few minutes, my hiccups are gonezo!!

Here's what the Mayo Clinic says about hiccups.

Can you imagine being that 1 in 100,000 with hiccups for months! OMG, I think that happened.. Check this out. My hiccups aren't near as piercing as a scream, but they are border line insane. Mom can testify. And, I don't think I've ever heard anyone hiccup, ever.. wait.. not true.. someone does when they're boozin'.. I've never heard anyone hiccup before 9pm on a Saturday.. except for myself.


That's for reals what I look like after 6 minutes of hiccupping.
 Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment