Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life's Too Short Not To Be Irish!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I love St. Patrick's Day! I'm Irish, and my favorite color is green! I don't consider myself 'lucky' but I have won the lotto... and if you're not wearing green, I'm going to punch you! And no, that's not a typo for "pinch."

In high school, the girl's varsity basketball team formed a group (within our team? But it was everyone on the team. I don't know how to explain it any better.).. the Irish Mafia. I totally remember how it started, but I'm not posting that on the www. So, inquire within. We added an "O" to every one's last name. For example, I was Jessica O'Wilson, Michelle was Michelle O'Gross.. get it? Totally HILAR. We made t-shirts, secret handshakes, and used an Irish accent. It was hard to play and keep up with the accents, so we dropped them before game time. Plus, we didn't want to blow our cover. I gave them all a shout out on Facebook, duh. Except Facebook only let's me tag like 4 people in my status/shout out. So, that was totally lame. Where is Mark Z? I have a formal complaint!

Here we are!
Tonight after our traditional ruebens, I'm going out for a green beer. To Syberg's in the Valley (in case you want to join me!)

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment